French UX Writer
kialoRemote 🌎Monde Entier22d ago
✅ Quick Screen by Je Remote™
👨💻Work Remotely anywhere in the world
💼 Full Time Contract (Freelance)
🏅 2-3 years
🗣 Native French & Proficient English
We are seeking excellent UX writers to produce localized copy in French on a freelance basis. You will initially collaborate with an in-house member of our team to translate a glossary of terms that are unique to Kialo into French.
Afterward, you will work to translate the Kialo app using the localization platform Transifex, progressing to the general site text and help center. Once the current live text has been translated, you will ideally continue to work with us on an ongoing basis, as frequent updates are made to the site which will need translating.
In terms of time-frame, we estimate the initial bulk of translation will take roughly 3 months. We will establish a standard hours-per-week of work based on your availability during the onboarding process, and adjust this estimate accordingly. Ideally, this will progress to an indefinite retainer arrangement for ongoing site text maintenance. You will also be invited to our company Slack, where you will be provided with ongoing support and relevant updates throughout the role.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant translation experience, including experience translating, writing, or localizing text for digital user experiences (e.g., interactive features, tooltips, dialogs, microcopy).
- Must know UX writing/translation practices; preferred knowledge of writing practices for accessibility.
- Native-level fluency in French.
- Excellent English skills required, with a particular understanding of the terminology from humanities fields (philosophy and logic preferred).
- Ability to quickly learn technical systems and explain complex features to users through localized UX/UI writing practices.
- Long term availability.
- Experience with Transifex or other web-based localization platforms would be beneficial.
If the role sounds exciting to you, please get in touch no later than the 5th of October.
We ask you to provide the following:
- An up-to-date CV in English, outlining your translation and copywriting experience (an additional copy in French can also be included).
- A cover letter in English, including your hourly rate, weekly hours you are able to commit, and your long-term availability.
- 2 relevant samples of previous work translating, writing, or localizing texts for web or mobile user flows. One of these should ideally be a sample of your own copywriting, provided in both English and French (as an example of your original writing and translation).
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a paid assessment phase, where you will translate text samples from the Kialo site. This will have a deadline of 2 weeks, and will be paid at your usual hourly rate at a fixed amount of hours. We’ll provide you with more information about this if shortlisted.
As this is a remote opportunity, we welcome applicants located internationally.
🚀 Click on "Apply" to send your application to the amazing Kialo team!
Please mention that you come from Je Remote™ when applying for this job. 👍
Thank You and good luck 🤞😉
If this job offer is expired or the link is broken, please just click here to report!