Senior Fullstack Developer - Rails / React
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What You Will Bring To The Team
We're looking for a full-stack engineer but we believe some people have more solid skills in frontend and others in backend. For this specific role, we will favor profiles with a stronger backend experience.
Getaround handles thousands of rentals a day and making a non-virtual experience frictionless is a big challenge. For that, we're looking for rigorous people with a strong product mindset who cherish creating highly reliable software in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
You will work on
- You’ll build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, documentation , maintenance , and polish.
- You’ll work on key initiatives to keep our system elegant and productivity high.
- You’ll build and improve processes and internal tools with simplicity and productivity in mind.
- You'll gain ownership on a part of the codebase , and contribute to growing it in accordance with our standards and good practices
- You will review code from your peers.
- You will mentor more junior developers .
- You will use and contribute to our in-house design system .
- You will collaborate as a team on product vision and software design decisions.
What Skills We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of experience
- Shipped and maintained code in production
- Solid knowledge of at least one backend language. Ruby is a plus.
- Experience with a relational database such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Meticulous mindset but you also understand that software engineering is about making trade-offs, balancing business and technical needs
- Good communication skills, comfortable working in a team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
- Comfortable with the English language (written and spoken)
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails 6 with Ruby 2.7
- TypeScript & React with Webpack, Yarn, Babel
- Continuous integration with Docker and CircleCI to push to production multiple times a day
- MySQL, Redis, Snowflake
- A strong internal design system
- Monitoring dashboards built with New Relic and the TIG stack (Telegraf, Influxdb, Grafana)
Why you should apply
- To work in a friendly and benevolent team, eager to teach and learn, that values successes and failures with the same humility
- Flexible remote policy and Full Remote from France accepted
- Access to very pleasant offices in the center of Paris.
- The peace of mind of a large test suite and pull requests to stay sane and ship often
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
- A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
- Open source projects are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate
- Competitive salary, tickets restaurants, a good health insurance
- " Hack days " to experiment with new technologies and ideas as well as other team events
Linkedin, Twitter and/or Github usernames are appreciated! Don't hesitate to give our backend challenge a try.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.
We're the world's leading connected carsharing platform, on a mission toward empowering people to carshare everywhere.