Senior Backend Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer - Python (France-remote)
Cornerstone is looking for a Backend Engineer to join its Paris-based data science team. This team results of the acquisition early 2020 of Clustree, an HR deep tech start-up that built some world class AI assets around careers data. In a context where Cornerstone is making a strong bet on AI as part of its product vision, the team is now building cutting-edge data products for 75 million users on core career and learning use cases (Job matching, Learning recommendation, Career path exploration, Skills detection, Company-wide skills visualization, etc.).
As of today, the team consists of 8 people with a strong level of seniority (around 10 years in average) both in backend and data science. All model trainings are reproducible with versioned code and the data scientists develop and deploy themselves their models in production. You can then focus on the interesting parts: scalability, performance, developer efficiency...
Our stack: Python 3 with mypy, AWS, Docker, TensorFlow Serving, Kinesis, Spark, FastAPI, SQL/NoSQL datastores, etc.
Buzzwords: DevOps, infrastructure as code, microservices, code reviews, 90% test coverage, automated deployments in 23 AWS regions.
We're currently all remote during the pandemic, but eventually half of the team will work regularly from our Paris office. We're very flexible here and are open to remote candidates (Paris timezone +-2h).
We offer: 60,000-70,000 EUR + annual bonus of up to 10%
In this role you will...
- Design, develop, review and maintain industrial and scalable data products
- Work closely with Data Scientists to build performant and innovative services together
- Directly impact customers by continuously deploying new architectures and features to production
- Participate in cross-functional discussions with product or technical teams around the world (Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Dusseldorf, Krakow, Tel Aviv, Mumbai, Bangalore, Auckland)
Okay, more seriously, you will...
- Scale our Job Matching Kinesis/DynamoDB pipeline to handle 100x more users and job requisitions
- Build a CPU-intensive pipeline to transform large datasets coming from all our customers across the world in order to feed our Deep Learning stack automatically.
- Make sure our microservices scale as we move from closed beta to general availability
You’ve Got What It Takes If You Have…
- More than 5 years of experience in Data Engineering or Backend Engineering in a start-up or large group
- Experience in Python development or another high-level language
- A willingness to work in an international work environment
- Working proficiency in French and English
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people ask what our team is about, we point to our core values: champion customer success, bring our best, achieve together, get stuff done, and innovate every day. We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal and we are seeking diversity in the people who join our team. We want to make sure that our company reflects the demographic of our customers, clients, and the communities in which we operate. So if you want to work for a friendly, global, inclusive and innovative company, we'd love to meet you!
What We Do
Cornerstone is a premier people development company. We believe people can achieve anything when they have the right development and growth opportunities. We offer organizations the technology, content, expertise and specialized focus to help them realize the potential of their people. Featuring comprehensive recruiting, personalized learning, modern training content, development-driven performance management and holistic employee data management and insights, Cornerstone’s people development solutions are successfully used by more than 75 million people in 180+ countries and in nearly 50 languages.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.
As the world's premier people development company, learn how we can help you and your team #RealizeYourPotential.