Azure Solutions Architect
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our client has adopted a hybrid infrastructure model to leverage and enhance efficiency, improve agility and embrace new IT service paradigms. On premises data centre services have been extended to Microsoft Azure Cloud since 2017. To further meet the needs it has been deemed necessary to scale up Azure utilization.
A Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect with a strong background on corporate-wide architecture coupled with solid experience in Microsoft Azure technologies architecture and governance is required.
Location: work to be conducted remotely in a near-shore location, in the same time zone of Switzerland.
1. Work to be performed
The Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect works in collaboration with client’s infrastructure and application specialists to review and implement the infrastructure necessary for the Azure hosted projects. Often projects are outsourced to third party vendors.
- Formalize client specifics Azure cloud hosting principles, standards, guidelines, and best practices, following their optimization and security requirements.
- Assess and extend the defined management group policies, following client’s requirements and use cases.
- Automate processes and create blueprints to speed up deployments. Writing power-shell and azure cli scripts to ease up and standardize management tasks.
- Set up the necessary components in Azure DevOps and Azure cloud using infrastructure as code (preferred ARM).
- Maintain and enrich client’s infrastructure as code library.
- Document library create “howto” wiki when required.
- Relations with the vendor(s):
- Provide guidance to the vendor for the definition of cloud technology solution architectures.
- Review the solution architecture proposed by the vendor, negotiating design and technology adjustments when required.
- Negotiate any non-compliance identified to either authorize a derogation or adjust the design.
- Regularly control the compliance of the solution being implemented against the agreed architecture.
- Review the Azure deployed resources, proposing reservations for cost optimizations.
- Be accountable for the quality and performance of the solution architecture.
- Be accountable for solution security and risk management.
- Review Azure recommendation and propose implementation when adequate.
- Achieved relevant Azure Certifications (i.e. Azure Architect Technologies, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- At least7 years of knowledge and practical experience in Platform deployments.
- At least3 years of experience as a solutions architect in Azure implementation.
- In-depth knowledge of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure architect technologies,ARM templating, management group policies.
- Experience withAzure DevOps management and operations.
- Experience withAzure operations.
- Experience withPowerShell scripting.
- Experience with custom SDLC processes such as code versioning, packaging, test driven development (TDD), continuous integration, test automation, code analysis and code quality metrics.
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps,Git, GitLab or comparable
- Strong understanding and experience in managingVNets, VNet integration, VNet peering, service end points, private endpoints, private links, and private DNS.
- Accreditation in a recognized project management methodology such asPMI or PRINCE 2 is desirable
- Strong experience in IT application development, methodologies, and tools. Working experience in agile development methods and practices.
- Experience in designing web-based systems with complex and user-friendly interfaces.
- Expert knowledge of DB platforms.
- Expert knowledge of the integration architecture and integration points within applications built on heterogeneous technologies.
- Ability and willingness to mentor other engineers and developers.
- Experience working with nearshore and offshore partners.
- Implementation experience ofContainers and Kubernetes is desirable
- Expert knowledge in spoken and written English; basic knowledge in French is desirable, but not mandatory.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.
Helping people to connect a job which brings happiness!