This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for an Architect to join us in Zurich, Bern, Lausanne, Geneva, or remotely in Switzerland. In this role, you will specialize in the design and implementation of automated container platforms, hybrid-cloud infrastructure, and cloud-ready architectures. You will implement modern cloud infrastructure and delivery workflows on large-scale public and private clouds using Red Hat technologies. You’ll help our customers migrate from traditional infrastructures toward OpenShift and a rich hybrid-cloud infrastructure. You'll be responsible for the design and technical delivery of our solutions and practice. As you do so, you'll create enthusiasm for building great solutions using principles of open source and agile culture. You should ideally already be directly involved in cloud architecture with the passion for coaching teams, design, communication, and delivering complex solutions.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead the discovery, architecture, and design of automated, hybrid cloud solutions utilising public and private cloud infrastructure with a focus on Red Hat OpenShift, Red Hat Hybrid Cloud Management, and Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
- Advise on the usage of hybrid cloud technologies to make up solutions including bare metal as well as other vendor private and public cloud offerings
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our customers and use your critical thinking skills to solve tough problems in an innovative way
- Present vision, strategy, technology, and roadmaps to executives, technical management, engineers, and operators
- Support presales and delivery field teams during workshops, proofs of concepts, pilots, and production deployments
- Contribute to the Red Hat Consulting team by participating in internal initiatives, creating consulting whitepapers, presenting at online and in person events, and updating the knowledge base
- Assist in the definition of development of standard reusable consulting practice delivery guides and service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables, and standard estimates
- Travel in the future to work, in line with Red Hat's COVID guidelines
- 4+ years of infrastructure architecture experience
- Experience designing and leading complex, large-scale implementations of cloud and infrastructure solutions and migrations in challenging environments
- Broad and deep experience across Container Platform and public Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google cloud) an familiar with virtualization technologies
- Familiarity with DevOps and site reliability engineering (SRE) practices and how they can be applied to cloud and infrastructure solutions
- Applied knowledge of working with agile, scrum, and DevOps teams
- Solid creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to study on your own, learn quickly, and put new knowledge into practice
- Adaptability and understanding to industry trends and how technology, people and practice are applied in different settings
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English and German; French skills are a plus
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or a related technical discipline
- Passion for open source, software, tooling, and automation
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.
The leading provider of enterprise open source solutions.