This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for someone with at least 5 years’ prior experience in commercial, technology sector contract review and negotiation. Although not explicitly required, preference will be given to candidates who have worked in cross-cultural, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional environments. Experience working in the IT sector is required.
You will be part of a small, global team of highly experienced and commercially minded legal professionals who touch on all aspects of the business, allowing the right candidate to have exposure to wide-ranging legal (IP, immigration, contracts, employment, data privacy, collections) and compliance matters.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist with a wide range of customer and vendor agreements, including NDAs, Reseller and Customer agreements, licensing terms, SaaS agreements etc. At least 3 years of experience with drafting, editing, negotiating SaaS agreements is required.
- Involvement in the contract whole life cycle, including dealing with initial contact, preparation and sending of template document, negotiation and finalization - QC, formatting, preparing executable copies etc; and requisite internal distribution.
- Assist with template review activities to ensure standard documents are up to date with current legislation across global jurisdictions.
- Liaising with other internal departments (Sales Operations) on contract queries, request for contract copies and any other ad hoc tasks in relation to the contract process.
- Assist with day-to-day management and administration of the company’s ISO accreditations.
- Assist with activities related to compliance obligations, audits, assessments and accreditations.
- Data privacy/protection.
- Act as a point of contact for external consultants and auditing bodies.
General Legal Support:
- Strong understanding of IP and the ability to handle filings, renewals and patent litigation.
- Assisting with various administrative, due diligence and integration of acquisitions.
- Provide ad hoc support as and when required to managers, HR, finance and be able to support litigation files.
- Assisting with drafting and updating of company policies.
You should be pro-active with a can-do attitude and ability to work well under pressure and proactively manage workload. You must have the ability to work well in a team but to also have the initiative to work alone. You should be able to demonstrate how your strong communication and networking skills have allowed you to develop good, effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
Excellent command of written and spoken English is required. Fluency in other languages (German, French, Italian, Spanish) would be a very strong asset.
We are an Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant workplace. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate disabilities, if requested.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Enghouse Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.