Mid-Level Graphic Programmer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Mid-Level Graphic Programmer who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
About the position
With over 2,000 staff, Virtuos is one of the largest and most recognized game developers. Since 2004, Virtuos has contributed to hundreds of games on all major platforms.
Our track record is full of achievements. Virtuos has worked with 15 of the top 20 game companies worldwide (Square Enix, Warner Bros., 2K, Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Sony, Microsoft...) by contributing to many of their largest AAA, New-Gen titles as well as shipping over 10 co-developed titles each year in recent years. Virtuos aims at being the Number One game development partner by providing the best games and art to developers and publishers worldwide.
Our French studio located in Cergy is specialized in co-development on Xbox, PlayStation and PC platforms, and contributed to Batman - Return to Arkham (2016), L.A. Noire: The V.R. Case Files (2017), Vampyr (2018), Assassin’s Creed Liberation Remastered (2019), The Outer Worlds (2019), Marvel’s Avengers (2020) and Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition (2020).
For on-going and unannounced projects, we are looking for a programmer to work on versatile and various productions focused on graphics programming missions on PC or console at first, extendable to game engine features implementation, optimization, visual system improvement or integration of cutting-edge technologies.
By joining teams of passionate people, the first mission will be to develop a brand new global illumination system, by leaning on cutting-edge solutions in order to aim at a photorealistic rendering quality for our next game productions on PC and consoles.
- Implement various features within the rendering pipeline or inside shaders according to the specified guidelines specified by the technical director and under the supervision of the lead programmer;
- If needed, develop functionalities in engine, game or tools;
- Get involved in the technical architecture defined for the game engine;
- Provide with his in-depth expertise in graphics programming and share it with the whole team;
- Collaborate with other team members and other development, art or production teams, whatever local or remote;
- Make propositions to improve existing functionalities, for the sake of the final quality of the game;
- Deliver a clean, clearly commented and structured code, in respect of the suitable conditions of performance and reliability;
- Integrate in game when necessary any delivered asset (characters, environments, props, animations, cut-scenes, UIs, sounds, special effects, etc.);
- Investigate and solve bugs identified in the source code (even written by other developers);
- Profile performance or memory troubles and solve them by bringing appropriate optimizations;
- Make sure the provided work result fit the expected quality;
- Report the work in progress and deliver the achieved result on time, along with any information needed to use it properly;
- When necessary, write a technical document explaining the developed or studied system.
Must have qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years in graphics programming in video game industry or any other domain related to 3D real time rendering;
- Familiar with GPU system programming;
- Familiar with one modern graphics API at least (Direct3D, Vulkan, etc.);
- Familiar with shader writing (HLSL, GLSL, SPIR-V, etc.)
- Mastery in C++ and object-oriented programming;
- Excellent understanding of the code impact on performance and memory utilization;
- Autonomous and proactive attitude;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, French and English both written and spoken;
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code;
- Passion for making and playing games.
Nice to have qualifications
- Comfortable in optimization field.
- An in-depth experience in Unreal Engine 4;
- Credited in one released game at least.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.
We Make Games Better, Together. #VirtuosGames