Engineering Manager ( F/M )
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering manager to join our growing Track to React tribe. You will lead, mentor and grow a team of Software Engineers in order to deliver the best product on the market.
You will work closely with the Product Director and the Tech Lead to ensure the perfect alignment within your Tribe.
You will also have a central role in the delivery and will have to work successfully with multiple teams within the organization.
You will be the best advocate of our feedback culture, using every insight of your team to improve the way we work and how we build our product.
What Shippeo does
Our product is composed of a mission critical SaaS web platform, with high traffic inbound/outbound integrations. Our mission is to anticipate problems and proactively alert end-customers so they can efficiently manage exceptions. We achieve this by collecting and matching millions of theoretical and real data from different stakeholders.
Shippeo gives visibility to shippers, carriers and customers by answering the following questions:
- where is the truck, and are there any foreseeable delays?
- what has actually been loaded and/or delivered, and are there any discrepancies?
- what are the levers for improvement for the transport operations?
The technical team is structured in three Tribes, each split into multiple feature teams:
1. Connect & Go Live: quickly connect shippers & carriers to have the project ‘live’
2. Track to React: make our product as sticky as possible for daily users
3. Analyze & Predict: leverage our data to build data products (extraction, analytics, decision support tools, algorithms)
What you will do
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of Software Engineers (6-8 pers)
- Work closely with the Product Director and the Tech Lead to get the perfect alignment within your Tribe
- Facilitate the work of every member of the team and anticipate any roadblocks that could derail the execution of the sprints
- Owner at a quarter level of our OKR framework and ensure that all the product initiatives planned are doable
- Responsible for the execution of the sprint : ensure that everything we need to deliver is understood, estimated and prioritized according to the quarterly objectives
- Follow the delivery and report with a KPI-oriented mindset (handling the capacity, measuring the velocity, highlight the achievements)
- Work closely with other Engineering Managers, to identify and unblock dependencies, and to share the more complete and transparent progress
- Owner of the project deadlines within your Tribe
- Push for quality and for the best engineering practices to ensure the delivery of scalable, resilient and high performing developments
- Bring your best management practices (regular 1:1, team retrospective, goal setting) to create an effective feedback loop within your Tribe
- Hire, manage and retain talent across the whole organization
What we offer :
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Full remote possible
- Laptop of your choice
- Offices (brand new) in the heart of the 10th
- Strong team spirit and regular team building events
- Swile Card
- Life insurance paid 100%
- Transport 50%
- Tickets to attend tech conferences
- Online course providers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Technology
- Experience of minimum 5 years in building and working in fast-paced, high-performing agile teams
- Experience of at least 2 years building, mentoring and leading fast-paced, high-performing engineering teams
- Experience of any object-oriented language (preferably PHP) and/or a scripting language
- You have performed in complex technical ecosystems, ideally event-driven
- You have already handled large scale projects with multiple cross-team dependencies and various stakeholders
- Experience with Kanban management solutions (JIRA, Zenhub)
- Familiarity with Git, CI/CD, observability tools (Grafana, Kibana)
- Ability to collaborate with many teams across the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on decision-making, conflict management and team building
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual
- Able to communicate with all levels of management and peers within the organization
- Excellent proficiency in French and in English
- Preliminary call with a Recruiter
- Interview with the hiring manager
- Technical interviews with the software team
- Interview with 1 founder
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.