Backend Engineer - PHP Symfony M/F
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
There are those who piece together scripts they found left and right, and there are those who really dive into purposeful code. You want to be part of the second category: those who design the code of tomorrow's applications!
You believe there's no point in rushing. Using the latest, quickest framework or language isn't the solution to everything. Real, robust code requires a lot of thinking and testing, and it should be easy to update without risks! We use PHP, Symfony, PostgreSQL, Algolia, and other tools to develop services via REST APIs. Each piece of code is carefully built, tested, and reviewed with love by another developer. We also use Clean Architecture, TDD, clean code principles, the boy scout rule among others. Today, we are creating new squads. Being part of one of these cross-functional teams, you will work together with a Product Manager, Product Designers, other Backend and Frontend Developers and a QA Engineer.
Do you want to know more about our team? Check out our Tech blog!
- Build robust, real-time updated connections between different solutions used by our education platform, while minimizing dependencies.
- You will work cross-team to develop new features
- You will propose new ideas to improve and iterate on our product and assess their impact
- You will interact with your teammates via peer programming and review, development workload refinement, and evaluation
- You will contribute ideas to improve our engineering standards and processes
You will be reporting to an Engineering Manager.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You are passionate about application architecture, including concepts like clean architecture and design patterns
- You are experienced with REST APIs and familiar with technologies such as PHP, Symfony, PostgreSQL, PHPUnit, Git, Composer, among others
- Continuous integration and deployment is the best way of working for you
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give and receive feedback
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You are good at conveying ideas to the team both orally and in writing, in French and in English
- You have at least 4 years experience as a backend developer
- You have a proven experience working within a team on long term applications
- You have worked in an Agile environment, with a CI / CD pipeline
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a culture based on agility, openness, respect and performance
- Competitive salary
- Mutual fund fully paid by OpenClassrooms and free access to a medical teleconsultation platform
- Access to vocational training supported by OpenClassrooms
- Reimbursement of transport costs (Navigo Pass paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Swile restaurant voucher card (contribution from OpenClassrooms to the maximum authorized by law)
- Gymlib subscription paid by OpenClassrooms
- Unlimited leave and after one year of seniority, bonus of 1000 euros once a year for taking more than 15 consecutive days of leave
- Possibility of working remotely (“Remote first” policy)
- A business MacBook
- First exchange with our Engineering Manager by phone
- You discuss your technical skills with the Tech team during a videoconference
- A videoconference interview with a Talent Acquisition followed by an exchange with members of your future team and / or cross-functional teams in order to understand our corporate culture and our values
- You meet our CTO to understand our Tech vision, understand the challenges.
- At the end of the recruitment process, we will ask you to provide us with professional references
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.