SAP Basis Archive Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI) is a global provider of enterprise software products and services, the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products and a Salesforce partner. The Company offers premium, ultra-responsive and integrated application management and support services that enable enterprise software licensees to save significant costs, free up resources for innovation and achieve better business outcomes. To date, more than 4,000 Fortune 500, Fortune Global 100, midmarket, public sector and other organizations from a broad range of industries have relied on Rimini Street as their trusted application enterprise software products and services provider.
We're hiring right now for a SAP Basis Archive Engineer (Product Line Expert - SAP), to be based remotely in France or any of our EMEA locations; UK, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden.
This position is responsible for leading the technical scoping for each new Rimini Street Client in order to provide a comprehensive content repository (archive) that is used by both the Client and the Rimini Street Global Application Support team. This position will provide in-depth technical knowledge and expertise across SAP Business Suite (including ECC and S/4 HANA), SAP BOBJ, SAP HANA and SAP Sybase Applications including the mechanics of software patching, maintenance, upgrading and installation methodologies by the vendor.
As part of the role, Product Line Experts review each new Client’s licensed covered products and meet with each new Client to help define their business driven IT roadmap. Using standard processes, Product Line Experts are responsible for creating archive scoping documents and guiding clients ultimately ensuring that clients can move forward with their IT roadmap. The Client is responsible for remaining in compliance and interpreting all licensing requirements, and for approving and owning the archive scope to be downloaded.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledgeable in SAP software patching, upgrade, migration and general maintenance
- Interact with clients to understand their current systems, pain points and future plans
- Interpret a customer roadmap (both business and IT) to determine likely future product direction for releases, platforms and languages
- Identify dependencies, connections and usage between different SAP Technology, Developer Tools and 3rd party products to ensure an extremely high quality archive result for Rimini Street customers
- Compose a bespoke OSS note and Software scope archived based upon client-specific licensed products and future plans.
- A good working knowledge of Basis, Solution Manager and XML stack generation within Maintenance Planner. A good working knowledge of the SAP Marketplace / SAP Launchpad is also required
- Create and present to the client the archive document, as the archiving Expert during scoping sessions, with the ability to confidently answer archive related questions from the client technical and financial teams
- Provide a detailed instruction guide to download software patches and media by release and platform for key areas listed above
- Responsible for the improvement, growth and evolution of the archive process, including process documentation, best practices, tracking, and scoping
- Collaborate with team members in a virtual team environment to extend field experience to different client situations
- Work closely with Account Managers who work with the client to gather scoping documentation and arrange scoping meetings. Track the status of numerous clients in the scoping process and report progress back to Archive Services leadership.
- Work closely with the Archiving Services team who perform the approved downloading tasks and use some automated tools for validation. Validate the archive for overall completeness
- Work closely with the Onboarding, SAP and Technology teams to nominate functional and development tools clients will need installed to support the production environment now and in the future. Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel will be beneficial
- Primary contact for internal teams and the Client for questions and direction that arise during the onboarding and archiving process
- Review and understand commercial agreements and provide coaching to sales, onboarding and other teams on archive related requirements
- Work alongside Senior SAP Basis Engineers to develop application break fixes for critical product defects
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the support service which is running 24x7x365, this will require the ability to work flexible hours and monitoring email regularly outside standard business hours
- Communicate effectively across various organizations within Rimini Street (e.g., sales, client on-boarding, development & QA, support, etc.)
- Be committed to excellence and high quality standards
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience are desirable.
- SAP technical certifications are desirable.
- This is a remote role that can be based anywhere in the UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden
- 10+ years relevant technical experience with SAP Basis with knowledge of maintenance/patching mechanics, including implementation, upgrades, and migrations.
- 5+ years installation and/or usage of common developer tools, such as Netweaver Developer Studio, ABAP Development Tools and BOBJ Developer tools would be an advantage
- 5+ years direct support of SAP Basis application in an end-users / Corporate environment
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills – verbal & written
- Fluent French highly desirable
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in problem solving
- Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Extreme focus on Client satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure situations
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Other language skills highly regarded
- Ability to think critically and make clear, responsible and well-reasoned decisions
- The ability to build and maintain strong peer relationships, gaining trust and confidence from all levels within the organization
- Self-starter who is able to take initiative with process improvement
- Experience with localizations and global implementations would be an advantage
- Well-developed presentation and communication skills; effective working with clients
- Ability to multi task multiple projects, issues and tasks
- Experience with Enterprise software vendor license negotiation and tactics would be an advantage
- Ethical with highest standards of integrity
We’re building something special at Rimini Street. A company where people care about each other and trust each other to do the right thing. A company where highly intelligent and talented people come together to do challenging and meaningful work that makes a real difference to our clients, ending each day with a sense of achievement and balance in their lives.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.