Business Development Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Business Development Manager supports Regional Sales Directors within a given geography or market segment by setting appointments with key decision makers to showcase our products. The Business Development Manager is responsible for delivering new business opportunities to the organization through lead generation, cold calling, researching, and data gathering/mining. Individuals holding this position work closely with Regional Sales Directors to develop a strategic approach for meeting the revenue targets and goals set forth by management. All information to targets/accounts is documented in the customer relationship management tool.
What You'll Do
- Set Appointments
- Works an assigned geographical territory made up of different market segments
- Conducts a high level of outbound calls to C-level decision makers to gain initial interest in Workiva products and services that opens the door for scheduling demonstrations for Regional Sales Directors
- Researches, identifies and establishes lucrative target contacts for Workiva products and services through various methods and resources
- Tracks and maintains gathered information, utilizes research and conducts outbound calls to set appointments for Regional Sales Directors
- Partners with Regional Sales Directors to develop a strategic approach for meeting revenue targets for the territory
- Provides data management within customer relationship management tools to ensure proper documentation, internal tracking and reporting
- Maintains strong knowledge of Workiva products through a commitment to ongoing training
What You'll Need
- Excellent phone presence with strong ability to gain commitment of time from prospects for appointments
- Ability to cold call and penetrate various levels of the organization
- Strong multi-tasking abilities; outbound calls are often a mix between Regional Sales Directors and market segments
- Ability to juggle multiple screens with logistical information pertaining to meeting availability of each Regional Sales Director
- Ability to manage large account lists for multiple Regional Sales Directors, selling multiple products, throughout multiple time zones
- Ability to grasp new markets/products and concepts quickly and efficiently
- Strong time management skills with the ability to stay organized
- Excellent follow up skills - you need to always be on top of your game
- 2+ years lead generation, cold calling experience of which 50% or greater of time was spend cold calling
- 2+ years selling into C-Level Executives
- 2+ years selling Software as a Service solutions; telephone outbound calling
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred
- Minimal travel
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
- Must speak business level French and English
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.