IT Customer Support
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking an experienced IT Customers Service Representative for our Information Technology teams, based in France and Scotland. This is a remote position. This is a 9 month fixed term contract.
The successful applicant will work as part of the global IT Service Desk reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager. The IT Service Desk is responsible for providing support to all parts of the Charles River group spanning over 100 + sites and multiple time zones.
The IT Customers Service Representative provides quality customer support to end users and provides technical support for personal computers and peripherals.
The following are duties related to the IT Customers Service Representative role:
- Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers including software, hardware and peripheral devices such as printers, monitors, etc.
- Connects personal computers to existing data networks (VPN).
- Monitors assigned queues and responds to service desk tickets, and enters relevant fix information to be used for root cause analysis; appropriately hands off tickets to Level 3 (applications or infrastructure experts) as required.
- Maintains trouble logs, including wireless, VPN, and Hotspot connections. Instructs users in the basic usage of personal computers. Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases.
- Makes recommendations for the continuous improvement of IT processes and systems for the betterment of the user experience / elimination of core issues. Performs voice over internet protocol, and network software configuration, desktop engineering including, Windows OS, Mac OS, etc.
The following are minimum requirements related to the IT Customers Service Representative position.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline (preferred)
- Fluency in both English and French
- Experience in IT or Customer Service facing environment. Service or helpdesk experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
- ITIL Certification preferred
- Knowledge of current IT technologies
- Understanding of Active Directory
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to troubleshoot/diagnose and resolve problems
Salary banding for this position is £26,000 - £31,000 per annum depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
Closing date is Friday 17 September 2021.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.