Infrastructure Engineer - Team Leader
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job title: Infrastructure Engineer - Team Leader
Job type:Full-time employment, CDI
Location: Paris, France
Reports to: CTO
Direct Reports: 2 x Infrastructure Engineers, 1 x IT Infrastructure Technician
Where can you help us?
You'll join the other two engineers and the future technician who will make up the Quarkslab Infrastructure team, whose responsibility is to maintain the internal infrastructure while adapting it to meet the needs of Quarkslab's employees and internal software development teams.
Quarkslab hosts most of its servers internally in order to maintain control of its data and services. This internal infrastructure was created when Quarkslab was focused on service activities
Since then, Quarkslab has been growing more and more in the field of software development. Our internal infrastructure has been put to the test in order to quickly adapt to the new and growing needs of the development teams: continuous integration servers, test servers, code hosting, Docker image servers, and much more, all with strong security constraints. This adaptation was done at the expense of the maintainability of the infrastructure.
Today, the various Quarkslab teams are demanding more advanced features, such as the automated deployment of virtual machines, the provision of a Kubernetes cluster to deploy containers, and even more varied and consequent data storage needs.
Our previous infrastructure couldn't respond to these new issues, so we are currently transitioning to a new one integrating these needs.
Your will be responsible with the technical choices behind this infrastructure, prioritizing the various tasks to make it work and evolve, and managing the existing team of engineers.
You will have to deploy and manage a multitude of services, mainly open source, in an infrastructure based mainly on Linux servers (Debian), with a strong emphasis on security.
You will work with a wide range of network technologies, virtualization, containerization and more, from containerizing a Jitsi server to diagnosing iSCSI multipathing problems between a node of our virtualization cluster and one of our storage arrays.
Who are you?
Here is a list of the skills and knowledge you should have:
- At least 3 years of experience in managing an engineering team
- Knowledge of Linux (preferably Debian) server installation and administration, from low-level to network and security to common applications and services
- Good knowledge of a scripting language (Python or Bash)
- Strong experience with containerization (Docker) and virtualization technologies (e.g. libvirt, QEMU/KVM, vSphere)
- Good knowledge of git
- Good understanding of the functioning of common business IT local area networks and services: VLAN, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, etc.
- Fluency in French and English (read, written and spoken)
- Autonomy and strong learning capacity
- Strong interest in fully understanding and resolving the problems encountered to ensure that they do not recur
It would also be nice if you have:
- Good knowledge of a configuration management tool (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Experience in physical server management (hardware, racking, IPMI, etc.)
- Experience in physical and virtual network management (cabling, IPAM, VXLAN, Open vSwitch, etc.)
- Experience in using and managing Kubernetes clusters
- Strong interest in computer security
Why work at Quarkslab?
Work with an amazing team, eager to learn and play with new approaches and technologies, mixing various skills (security, compilation, program analysis, reverse engineering, software engineering). International environment with offices in Paris and Buenos Aires (team croissants vs. team asado), representations in Tokyo and Singapore.
- Attend conferences in your field, learn from many internal events (weekly conference, trainings, research activities).
- Contribute and support Open Source Software: Our own tools and other people's projects.
- Flexible work hours, work from home.
- Premium health insurance.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.
Security services and software