Data Analytics Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our job is to take numbers and turn them into reasons to celebrate! Data drives everything we do at Jellysmack and is thus essential to the company. Data is at the heart of our success, and it drives the content we create and how we edit videos so we can optimize everything we publish. Everyone on our team is capable of going above and beyond the call of duty. Our goal is to gather and analyze data to help the company grow. Do you have what it takes to be part of our team?
You will be part of a team of 10+ analysts and be in charge of modeling raw data into datasets that enable analytics across the company, making sure those datasets are updated, tested, and documented.
Working closely with Data Engineers and Data Analysts, and you will be responsible for performing a range of duties that supports both of those roles.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Organizing and transforming the data in a meaningful way and providing additional context as necessary so that it is easily accessible and ready for analysis
- Working closely with Data Engineers to build and schedule ETL or ELT pipelines in production and streamline processes
- Collaborating with DBA to create and maintain complex databases
- Writing production-quality ELT code with an eye for performance and sustainability
- Collaborating on infrastructure projects and emphasizing the business value of applications
- Developing and designing analytics projects as necessary
- Training other members of the organization so that they're capable of using various data tools and communicating with other members of the team
Jellysmack's technical Stack:
- Languages : Python, SQL
- Databases : Aurora, Redshift, ElasticSearch on AWS
- Librairies : Pandas, numpy, SQLAlchemy,...
- Visualisation tools : PowerBI, plotly
- Environment : We use Pycharm / VSCode and Jupyter but we're open to anything!
A little about you:
- Master's degree with a minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Expert SQL skills (MySQL) - query optimization is second nature, and you know how to write SQL that is easy to understand and troubleshoot and performs well
- Strong skills in SQL and Python, software engineering, data warehousing, data extraction, and data modeling
- Experience in developing data pipelines and using version control systems
- Solid experience in time and task management
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary groups and all organizational levels.
- Fluency in at least three of the following languages : English, Kosovar, French, Corsican, or Python. (We do have teams and analysts that can speak all of them!)
Our "Work from Anywhere" philosophy:
Jellysmack believes in a flexible work environment in which anyone can work from anywhere. This is why we've implemented our flexible location philosophy, meaning you get the best of both worlds: you can choose to work from home and / or from our offices in Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Corti.
In order to make sure you get the best working environment, you will get a EUR 250 allowance to get set up!
Nota bene: your residence must be in the country in which you are applying
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.