Principal Support Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The role of the Principal Support Engineer, Oracle Technology is to provide exceptional remote-based support for complex client environments on Oracle technology including Databases and Middleware as part of our global customer support team. The position has the responsibility for researching, troubleshooting issues and support of architectural & performance related improvements for multiple Oracle technology platforms. The role of the Principal Support Engineer, Oracle Technology requires the expertise and skills to debug, correctly diagnose & resolve serious issues for complex, integrated platforms in a timely manner. Many of these environments will be configured for high availability, or high volume mission critical applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Solve complex customer issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of Oracle Database Administration, Database Options such as Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Solve complex issues relating to Oracle ASM/RAC, Data Guard, OEM 12c,13c and Golden Gate
- Work closely with customers on a daily basis to understand their needs, support business change and deliver a consistently high quality customer experience
- Provide remote-based production operational support & guidance for multiple clients using Oracle Technology products
- Support client configuration, sharing implementation and best practice advice
- Manage one or more key assigned accounts as a single point of client contact and advisor
- Be a pro-active contributor to a 24x7x365 running support organization, this will require working flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays and monitoring email regularly outside standard business hours
- Solve complex customer issues using your expert knowledge with Oracle Database, GoldenGate and Data Guard.
- Collaborate with team members in a virtual team environment to extend field experience to different client situations
- Contribute to the development and management of knowledge-sharing methodologies, diagnostic tools, and creative processes, to improve the client experience
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Mentor and train the other team members in the area of own expertise
- Work as a Primary Support Engineer, working directly with customers
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Must have business level fluency in French and Spanish
- 10 + years relevant Oracle Database Technology experience
- 5 + years relevant experience in implementing Oracle RAC and Exadata
- 5 + years direct support of diversified implementations of multiple Oracle Technology products in a corporate environment
- Solid understanding of architectural design, deployment, capacity planning and performance tuning of Oracle Database, Data Guard and RAC.
- Demonstrated experience installing, upgrading, patching and tuning Production Databases and Middleware components such as Golden Gate.
- Expertise with current and past versions of Oracle technologies and ability to articulate the differences between releases and potential benefits to clients
- Demonstrable history of conceptualizing, architecting/designing, implementing and supporting complex new and already implemented Oracle Technology products based solutions
- Should have Cross Platform migration experience of Databases.
- Rac to Non-RAC. Single node to RAC database conversion exposure required.
- Should have expierience implementing OEM 12c, 13c including various packs. Must be comfortable troubleshooting issues related to setup and monitoring.
- Should have extreme troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Exposure to Exadata would be beneficial.
- Integration of Oracle database with Ldaps such as Active Directory
- Exposure to cloud environments namely AWS and Azure.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Must have deep performance tuning skills with practical exposure to oracle performance tuning tools like awr, addm, ash, sqlt, oradebug, sql trace, sql monitor, oem, sql plan management.
- Must have practical exposure to OS utilities like vmstat, top, iotop, sar, netstat, strace, iostat, tcpdump, wireshark.
- Must be capable of understanding Oracle database internals. Should be able to understand and analyze stack dumps of ora 600/7445.
- Should have implemented OEM 12c, 13c and be able to debug and setup and troubleshoot OEM 13c,Agents.
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in problem solving
- Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients
- Deep knowledge Oracle database, RAC & related products
- Good knowledge of Oracle development tools and deployment methodologies
- Good verbal and good written English communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Extreme focus on Client satisfaction
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure situations
- The ability to work remotely from a home based office in a virtual environment
- OCM (Oracle Certified Masters) and Oracle ACE certifications would be given preference.
- A consulting background, while not mandatory, would be useful.
- Additional European languages like Spanish, German etc would be a bonus.
- Additional advanced database administration skills in one of these databases would be a Bonus : DB2, Sybase, MSSQL, PostGreSQL, MYSQL, MongoDB, MariaDB
We’re building something special at Rimini Street. A company where people care about each other and trust each other to do the right thing. A company where highly intelligent and talented people come together to do challenging and meaningful work that makes a real difference to our clients, ending each day with a sense of achievement and balance in their lives.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.