This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You enjoy variety, continuous learning and leading teams to deliver outcomes with technology. The products we manage here are internal developer platforms. Platforms that delight operators and developers alike, whilst improving speed, security and reliability for the applications teams who use them.
You’ve helped teams adopt modern engineering practices such as Continuous Delivery, Automation, DevOps, SRE and Lean Product Management to improve flow, reduce toil, improve quality and deliver more value to their users.
We believe that a successful platform cannot be approached as a project, with a team disbanded after an MVP is delivered. A successful developer platform must evolve with the technology landscape and the changing needs of the business - this requires a product mindset. Your job is to help client Platform Teams understand what good looks like, meet them where they are currently, and partner with them on their long term journey to get there.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work towards completing?
As a Product Manager in Tanzu Labs Platform Services you will lead a variety of consulting engagements across some of VMware's largest customers in EMEA. These range from 2 week Health Checks to 12 week platform development engagements. You’ll work side by side with our Solution Architects and client engineering teams to identify the right problems to solve and work iteratively to deliver the desired outcomes for the client.
You’ll take the lead on facilitation, prioritisation and stakeholder management. Coach teams through the adoption of new practices, helping them understand the benefits of lean product management and taking a flexible, experimental approach to figure out what works and what success looks like in each unique client environment.
We are fortunate to work in an exciting and evolving technical domain. As a Platform Product Manager in this space there are endless opportunities to experiment, learn and share your knowledge. With Containers, Kubernetes and Cloud as the foundation we can deliver transformational change in the clients we partner with, and you will be encouraged to share your experiences with your colleagues and with the tech community.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- You’ll typically work on 1 or 2 client engagements simultaneously, and also prepare clients for upcoming engagements
- Working with your client(s) to define and drive the product strategy for their internal developer platform, identifying key outcomes and success metrics
- Working with the team to discover customer problems and create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions. Translating the needs of developers, security, compliance and business into a product roadmap and prioritised backlog
- Working with the delivery team, the VMware account team and customer stakeholders to define and prioritize a backlog for your product that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision
- Mentoring, coaching and collaborating with the client product team members to drive decisions
- Conducting interviews with stakeholders and end-users and synthesize insights into actionable next steps
- Confidently running workshops in a room as small as three members to as large as an executive conference room, while drawing out all the voices by facilitating the right activities to get the right information
- Helping customers with their longer term roadmap of work setting them up for success after our engagement ends
- Helping leaders on the client side to create a sustainable and successful platform capability for their organisation
- Bringing clarity where there is uncertainty and identifying and managing risk
Note: Due to COVID-19, this role is currently 100% remote, with the expectation that face-to-face engagement with customers will be required once the crisis is resolved. At a future date, you may be expected to travel up to 50% of the time.
Desired Skills & Experience
Platform Product Management is a relatively new field, and as such we’re looking forward to hearing from anyone who thinks this role sounds exciting and would like to take their career in a new direction. Some relevant experience that may set you up for success in this role includes...
- Product Management experience for digital products
- Empathy for the end user
- Demonstrated bias towards action
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps with measurable outcomes
- Understands modern engineering practices such as Agile, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, SRE
- Familiarity with Cloud Native technologies and comfortable leading delivery in a highly technical domain
- Consulting Experience
- Software development experience
- Infrastructure or cloud engineering experience
- DevOps or SRE experience
- Agile coach or Scrum master
- Experience navigating large organizations and an understanding of complex stakeholder relationships
- Interest and ability to teach others
- Experience with Lean Product Management & Agile Software Development
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making in a workshop context
What is leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
We’re a supportive team with a passion for learning and sharing our knowledge. Although our work may be technical we get the greatest sense of achievement from helping to build platform teams with our customers. We bring our culture with us when we partner with customers supporting them as they gain new skills, build their confidence and set them up for long term success with sustainable processes and practices.
The Tanzu Labs Platform Services team is geographically spread across Europe. You can choose to either be based in a VMware office or from home. You will have a Line Manager within the team to provide support and guidance.
You can read more about the team on the VMware Tanzu Labs website, or find out more from Hannah Foxwell who leads the Platform Services team in EMEA.
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-15
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.