Business Development Manager
Trimble is recruiting for an exceptional Business Development Manager to join our Strategic Accounts and Major Projects (SAMP) division, in France .
Trimble provides digital project delivery thought-leadership thought-leadership and delivers leading leading-edge digital design and construction technologies and solutions to the industry's most challenging projects. Working closely with Transportation and Infrastructure Owners and the AEC community, this team supplies domain experience, technology insights, and strategic oversight to support the digital delivery of major projects across the EMEA region.
We are looking for an exceptional contributor as Business Development Manager (BDM) in our SAMP group who will serve as a key member of Trimble’s Transportation and infrastructure business The BDM has responsibility to identify and manage new opportunities and initiatives with a focus on major infrastructure projects being developed in the region and with a specific focus in France for large civil engineering infrastructures like highways, mass-transit stations, power plants and airports.
Our ideal candidate will have established relationships with key General Contractors and Engineering firms and be involved in their local community events and associations related to transportation and infrastructure. The candidate should be skilled in value added engineering, construction management, and have succeeded in promoting the right technology solutions and proposals to meet client needs. Candidate must be a leader in a cross-functional, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The BDM is responsible for all direct and indirect (partner) sales within the region with strategic accounts and is also responsible for identifying and qualifying new project opportunities in the territory. Trimble's Strategic Accounts and Major Projects division sells hardware, software, and services to the public and private sector across the AEC industries.
The successful candidate will leverage their industry, business, and analytical expertise to support the go-to-market strategies for the solutions portfolio and for strategic accounts and major projects. The candidate will possess knowledge of project delivery and construction operations with an emphasis on selling hardware and enterprise software solutions for field engineering and operations, including civil engineering and construction technology, BIM, GIS, mobile work management, remote telemetry, laser scanning, and sensor instruments. The candidate will develop deep and broad relationships across all of the existing accounts in their area of responsibility. This position requires a highly flexible and driven self-starter with excellent communication and time management skills.
The successful candidate will be comfortable engaging in business development and remote collaboration in a virtual environment with special attention to Trimble´s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion values.
Defined responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Build awareness about the Trimble portfolio of solutions and communicate inspirational, credible, and differentiated story for Infrastructure and Transportation in the defined region
- Develop the account plans and growth strategies for the strategic accounts and partner channel within your market
- Define clear Objectives and Key Results for each specific Strategic Account and projects to facilitate the up and cross selling of Trimble solutions and services
- Identify, develop, & close high-revenue value deals and convert leads into active customers
- End-to-end responsibility for the entire sales cycle, prospecting, and development of the pipeline for the region
- Influence and position the company and solutions across the various project stakeholders and throughout the project lifecycle
- Attend and be a technology thought leader speaker at local association industry events, trade shows, and meetings
- Qualifying large projects and target segments to achieve ongoing business growth
- Use market intelligence, analytical skills, evangelism, product knowledge, and outstanding communication and presentation skills to sell and close business
- Work with internal team to develop project proposals, RFI and RFP documentation and validate related scope of works.
- Leverage Channel Partner ecosystem to further build territory and uncover incremental revenue opportunities for the Company
- Travel across Region >50%
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent education
- Solid Construction domain expertise. Design Engineering domain expertise a plus.
- Business background and proactive attitude
- 8+ Years of sales consultative experience within the construction space
- Must be able to demonstrate a significant number of contacts and networking in-depth knowledge of the construction industry
- Proven track record of quota attainment and experience growing net new pipeline
- Experience working on large multi-million Euro projects exceeding €400M
- Experience selling construction software, BIM/CDE, Digital transformation and/or related technologies
- Demonstrated infrastructure project experience, industry knowledge, and relationships - must be credible to C-level executives in person and online
- Energetic, self-motivated team player who can thrive in a "start-up" environment and help the Company grow
- Creativity, ability to think outside the box and attention to detail is required
- Bilingual in English-French is necessary. Other European languages is a plus
- Experience working for a civil construction contractor or large engineering firm, as an employee is a plus
- Technology background within the construction industry is preferred
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.
Transforming the way the world works with industrial technology solutions that connect the physical & digital worlds.