Reports to: Technical Director
Salary: Dependant on experience
MUST BE A PASSIONATE AND ACTIVE SAILOR
We are currently looking for a French speaking Product Manager. This position is remote.
Product Management Role
Data management - The core of our busines strategy is high quality technical product information. We are also aiming to be the marine industries version of “Amazon.com” for sailing systems which means we need to become experts in managing / manipulating large quantities of data in an efficient way.
Product Category Management – It is one thing to have detailed product data, but users of our website have to be able to find the right product for their needs, quickly and efficiently. Product category management is about creating a complete environment to guide users to the right product and easily pull together a complete system which may include accessories and related hardware.
Guides, Tools & Resources - Because they are technical products, it is also important for us to educate customers to enable them to make the right product choices. Our product team is responsible for developing tools and resources which draw together best practice and advice from manufacturer data to create easy to use tools which we use as online guides and marketing resources.
Technical Sales and Sales Support - Having a clear understanding of customer needs is important and therefore you will be expected to manage regular end-customer sales leads plus provide technical product support to both our own internal sales team plus external customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain the integrity of the technical information on our website
- Develop measurement and specification standards to simplify comparison of different
- supplier’s products
- Develop specification tools and resources – both trade and end-user orientated
- New Product Development:
- Gather data for specified new products and put the data together to conform to our standards and prepare for upload to the site
- Maintain our technical document library
- Integrate new products in terms of related items across the existing site content
- Product Category Management:
- Optimise user experience on the website for allocated product categories
- Develop your knowledge and expertise in specific systems / product categories
- Pricing Updates:
- Maintain RRP, cost and multiple vendor prices for all products
- Manufacturer relations:
- Develop and maintain links with specified manufacturers to ensure we are fully up to date with latest product developments and product news
- Manage your own sales lead pipeline
- Assist with misc. day/day customer technical sales enquiries
- Provide detailed technical product support to Upffront.com sales team
- Provide backup resource to maintain our fulfilment operations at peak times
The Ideal Candidate
- Fluent in French
- Fluent in English (our business language)
- Passionate and active sailor
- Detail orientated
- Advanced Excel skills
- An understanding of databases and some programming experience (Python & HTML)
- Good communication skills
As an internet business, in a very niche field, we see little value in employing experienced industry professionals. We are actively trying to change the way people do business in the marine industry and therefore, with the Directors extensive product and industry knowledge to fall back on, we intend to grow a young team from the ground up. There will be opportunities for management roles for any individuals showing the drive, enthusiasm and ability to lead others as the business grows.
How to Apply
- Complete the form and submit your CV on: https://info.upffront.com/marine-industry-careers-enquiry
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.
Changing the way people buy sailing hardware and rigging systems