This job is no longer accepting applications.
Livestorm is the all-in-one video communication platform for companies looking to implement a powerful video communication strategy.
Founded in 2016, Livestorm enables companies to promote, host and analyze their online events. We’re building the future of unified video communication: an all-in-one video communication platform that connects to your tools and lives in your browser. Livestorm is a browser-based platform that doesn’t require a download, or setup. You can use Livestorm for on-demand, live, or pre-recorded meetings or events.
Livestorm has been built with ease-of-use in mind.
We serve companies of all sizes, from startups to Fortune500. Front, Honda, Intercom or Spendesk trust Livestorm to organize their meetings, webinars or online events.
Here are our core values:
- Stay curious: Be interested in the world around you.
- Remain humble: Keep learning and keep your ego in check.
- Be resourceful: Go that extra mile in the most efficient way.
- Own it: Take pride in what you do, own your wins, and fails.
- Be transparent: Sharing knowledge, learnings, feedback, and mistakes.
As part of the tech team, you will join a crew of experts working on building the best product possible using the latest technologies and without compromise on the code legacy.
Our stack is: Ruby on Rails 5 with Vue.js, GraphQL/Apollo.
Follow this link to learn about our Stack: https://stackshare.io/livestorm
While Livestorm has headquarters in Paris, we are a remote-first company. As a matter of fact, Stormies are located between France, Germany, Greece, Mauritius, Spain, USA,... so we are looking for the best talent, no matter where you live.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Leading the communication between Front-End and Back-End Teams and comprehend our entire stack
- Accelerating our roadmap to create an impact on the company's growth
- Incentivising best practices from your past experiences at every level of the company (from interns to c-levels)
- Shipping great products
For this Back-End Engineer role, we are looking for someone with the following experience:
- At least 2 years experience in Ruby and Rails (Rails 5+) and its ecosystem in production
- Strong skill in SQL (mostly through PostgreSQL)
- Experience with workers and idempotency patterns (e.g Sidekiq)
- Rigorous about testing and code quality (TDD, acceptance tests, unit tests)
- You love to make your code readable and get excited looking at beautifully written algorithms.
- Curious about GraphQL (e.g Apollo) and NodeJS
- Interested by micro-service oriented architectures
- When something breaks you don't roll on the floor crying, but rather take the lead to fix it up.
- You are curious about new languages and aren't afraid of using new patterns and structures.
- You're a team player and you have a sense of ownership.
- You want to work with people from all over the globe (USA, Turkey, Belgium, France).
- You're fluent in French and can speak / write in English.
- You're up for a challenge.
Moreover, we are looking for someone who can work in the Paris timezone (we accept a jet-lag of 2 hours maximum).
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
What it is like to join Livestorm and the Stormies:
🗺 Work from anywhere you want:
- 🏡 Home (participation for equipment and costs, according to our expense policy)
- 🏢 Paris office (snacks, drinks, afterworks...)
- 💼 Coworking space (covered up to €300 including VAT per month, or local currency equivalent)
- 🚉 Business trips are covered (according to our internal T&E policies)
- 🚲 Sustainable mobility package for daily trips to go to work
🎉 Cheer up your Stormie life:
- 🎿 Off-sites twice a year
- 🕹 Weekly activities (online board games, riddles...)
- 👐 Teambuildings
- 🗣 Monthly Talking times
💙 Take care of yourself (with Moka.care)
🤝 Participate to our referral program
And also, benefit from:
🌍 All legal and mandatory benefits from your work country for EOR contracts.
🇫🇷 All French legal benefits for French contracts: €9 of lunch vouchers with Swile (covered at 50%), health insurance with Alan (covered at 50%), transport subscription to go to work (covered at 50%), and CSE with cultural & sport activities via Leeto.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.