This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
We're looking for a User/Design Researcher to join our team. This is a FULLY REMOTE position, so your location is not important. Mastery of English (native level preferred); and fluency in French is also ideal.
Are you an experienced Researcher with 5-8 years of experience working in user or design research? We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and proactive Researcher able to work remotely. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a growing international agency that is dynamic and working with some of the biggest and best brands.
The person will work independently and with our team on various projects to support our clients and their business objectives. The successful candidate will have skills in qualitative research methods, including but not limited to concept-testing, usability, interviews, competitor analysis, diary studies, contextual inquiry/observations, and/or ethnography. Additionally, quantitative methods will also be necessary, so comfort in questionnaire design, sample sourcing, survey programming and hosting, etc will be essential
In addition, we are looking for someone who is a self-starter, highly organized and flexible, and has a proactive attitude.
Main responsibilities will include
- Work closely with internal teams, as well as other researchers, to execute research studies
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating participants and keeping a focus on respect for product/service users
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how clients think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Conduct workshops, field studies, interviews, surveys, usability tests, A/B testing, card-sorting, design reviews, and competitive analyses as appropriate
- Create personas, scenarios, storyboards, conceptual models, journey and experience maps, service blueprints, and other artifacts to help drive design vision and strategy
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work
- Participate in marketing and outreach on behalf of the company, via such activities as writing white papers, submissions for research awards, writing blogs, participating or hosting podcasts, webinars, etc
- May be called upon for other duties as needed.
What we are looking for
- In addition to the Main Responsibilities mentioned above, the successful candidate will have relevant work experience and will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Design Research, Anthropology, Cognitive Psychology, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of proven, hands-on experience as a user researcher or design researcher
- Deep and broad knowledge of both quant and qual research techniques
- Experience with storytelling and other narratives to create deep empathy for customers and their needs
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience with desktop and mobile app research tools (e.g. usertesting.com, Lookback.io) for moderated and unmoderated remote usability testing
- A portfolio demonstrating user or design research experience
- Experience using MS Office packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, autonomous, capable of managing own projects and workload
- Organized, can manage different tasks simultaneously
- Enthusiastic, open, friendly and customer orientated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Mastery of English (native level preferred); fluency in French is also ideal
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Able to demonstrate initiative, motivation and effective team working skills
- Ability to invoice, legal standing as a sole trader/company/freelancer.
What MindSpark can offer you
- Paid vacation and holidays
- An exciting position in a growing, international company
- A great remote work environment among a motivated small team of passionate, dedicated colleagues
- You will have responsibilities from day 1, being in charge of many challenging projects
- The chance to develop your own ideas and bring them to life
- The opportunity to attend (virtual, for now!) industry events
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Where We're Located
- Paris-based but we're all remote! We will continue to operate remotely and fully support remote working.
MindSpark is focused on helping brands to better understand the people they are seeking to serve across cultures. We are looking to add an energetic, empathetic and highly curious go-getter to our growing team. We put consumers and participants first, and make our clients happy by going deeply into human understanding and bringing them the stories that help them craft their products and services. We are a mini-agency known for our international network, our positive energy, and our respect and appreciation for people from all walks of life.
- Depending on experience, up to 5500 EUR/month. (You'll need to invoice us.)
Does this sound like you?
Send your CV and a few sentences on why you think you'd be a good candidate to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put “MSL21065 User Researcher” as the subject line.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.