Senior Cloud Data Architect
World 🌎 Remote
DoiT International is the leading global cloud consulting company working as Google Cloud’s top partner and strategic partner of Amazon Web Services. We tackle complex problems of scale for our customers, using our expertise in resolving problems, machine learning, algorithms, complexity analysis, and system design.
Our mission is to enable customers to harness the power of the public cloud at peak efficiency so they can focus on building the best products for their own customers. Our team consists of world class architects who are leaders in their industry areas. For nearly a decade, we’ve been helping the most successful businesses to build and scale products with our world-class cloud engineering support.
Having raised $100 million from Charlesbank Capital Partners, we’re scaling all aspects of our company — especially around product innovation. DoiT’s Cloud Management Platform is a gamechanger in the industry that helps the developers at digital-native companies improve cloud operations, maintain security, control cost, and ensure governance of its growing cloud estate.
Our Core Values guide us in crafting a unique and stellar employee experience for all of our team members. Challenging work, continuous learning, massive opportunities for internal growth as we continue to scale, and a remote-first culture rooted in communication and transparency help us attract and retain the best talent in the Cloud Ecosystem.
Values for All Do’ers: Act As One Team, Wow the Customer, See it Through, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Pursue Knowledge, Have Fun
Target location: Since we are dedicated to being a remote first company, this position can work anywhere in France. We want you to work where you are most comfortable and productive whether that be at home, in a coworking space, or a coffee shop. We’ve curated a culture that thrives in a virtual environment so you have the resources you need to connect with talented people around the world.
You might have a CS degree. You might not. That’s not what we’re looking for. We care about what you can do and how you do it, not about how you got here. A strong track record of conscientious, thoughtful work speaks volumes.
We’re only looking for experienced candidates for this role. You should have been doing this work before in a professional setting, but you also won’t know how all our systems work on day one, and we don’t expect you to. Nobody hits the ground running.
In DoiT we are hiring and working with “managers of one” - we need you to have a great sense of ownership, pride, and the impact you’re making on our company.
We appreciate people who can work collaboratively but understand that decisions will not always be made by consensus. We praise direct feedback, openness to each others’ experience, and willingness to show up for each other as well as for the technical work at hand. We’re in this for the long term.
You know how to effectively communicate your ideas and win the hearts and minds of our customers.
You find great personal reward in delighting people be it in solving their tactical problem above expectations or when fostering their cloud journey.
You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details.
You can see the "big picture" and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company - err on the side of action.
You are a lifelong learner to keep up with the beat of the public cloud ecosystem and we provide plenty of time to keep your skills sharp.
About the Role
As a Cloud Data Architect, you will guide customers on how to ingest, store, process, analyze and explore/visualize data on the Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services. You will work with customers to design large-scale data processing systems, develop data pipelines optimized for scaling, plan data migration & transformation tasks, and troubleshoot potential platform issues.
As a member of our Cloud Engineering team, you will be working with our most strategic GCP and AWS customers. Together, you will support customer implementation of cloud products through: architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring and much more.
Our Cloud Engineering team helps customers to transform and evolve their business through the use of hyperscalers’ network, web-scale data centers, and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes.
We are scattered around the globe, each of us has wealth of experience and knows their best, but we are and act as one team and we like to pay it forward.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Big Data challenges
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities
- Great verbal and written communication skills (English and French)
- Experience architecting and developing internet-scale, production-grade data solutions in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, and Google Cloud with the focus on selecting appropriate tools to tackle the business problem at the right scale
- Experience in writing software in one or more languages such as Java, Python, Go, Rust
- Experience with data storage & processing tools and frameworks such as Google BigQuery, BigTable; AWS Kinesis, Redshift, Athena, Apache Spark, Hive, Beam, Flink
- Experience working with cloud data storage, data warehousing, and/or data lake architectures, ETL/ELT, and reporting/analytic frameworks
- Experience with designing highly-available databases for serving transactional web-scale low-latency traffic
Benefits and Perks:
- Health Insurance including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from top carriers
- Professional Development, including certifications
- Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible working options
- Work life balance
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.