Chamonix, France 🇫🇷 Remote
Product Manager at FATMAP
Building the home for the outdoors starts with deeply understanding the outdoors, outdoor sports, and adventurers’ needs. From there we work across engineering, design, and product to discover and build the optimal solution. We believe great products come from the right balance of deep customer understanding, testing, validation, and iteration, and a healthy dose of great product intuition. We move fast, make decisions quickly, and are laser-focused on delivering customer value.
As a Product Manager at FATMAP you are at the centre of how our product gets conceived, planned, and delivered. You are an integral part of a cross-functional team consisting of engineering, design, and QA, to help identify valuable user problems to solve and design and deliver the best possible solution. You will also directly interface with the senior leadership and the marketing team. It is your job not only to coordinate and collaborate with leaders from across the business to develop ideas and product plans but to validate these product solutions and then deliver them to users. You will move the needle and have a tremendous impact on the company.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to build a detailed product roadmap and short-term vision for your product area within the context of the broader company mission and goals.
- Collaborate with product leadership, marketing, design, and engineering to develop high quality product experiences that are the right trade-off between value, complexity, and user delight.
- Write high quality product specifications and user stories that will create tight alignment across engineering, design, and product leadership.
- Validate our product ideas and solutions with fast prototyping and experimentation, including a/b tests, user interviews, and other research methodologies.
- Stay close to our customers and listen to their needs, desires, and hopes, and use a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods to deeply understand the customer and their needs to identify areas to improve or opportunity areas.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the product: you will know our current product metrics inside out and be able to identify trends and developments. You will identify key product and market insights and bring these back to the team.
You’re a great fit at FATMAP if . . .
- You start with the customer first in everything that you do and every decision you make.
- You have a strong product instinct that guides you, but you obsess over the data to test and validate your product hypotheses.
- You are a natural leader and effective team player. You enjoy working as a team to solve complicated problems. You inspire others with your vision and your positive outlook and can-do attitude is infectious.
- You are a natural communicator: you are comfortable with everything from presenting strategy to the company to negotiating the scope with the team.
- You can create excellent written documentation that drives clarity of decisions and alignment across the company.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and making decisions fast without all the information.
- You are energetic, resourceful, and do what it takes to get the job done.
- You are hungry to learn, and you are a self-directed learner.
- You have experience working in a software startup or small company and have experience with agile software development.
- You are comfortable working with distributed teams remotely, ideally are already experienced with remote ways of working.
- You have worked on user facing consumer applications, mobile and/or web based.
What we offer
- 3 inspiring office hubs in Chamonix, Berlin and Vilnius.
- Flexible and remote working – working adventure trips are encouraged.
- Really awesome technical setup (laptop, screens, headset etc.) of your choice.
- All your outdoor gear at pro pricing.
- Unlimited reference and learning materials – for your work and adventures!
- Regular team/company trips to outdoor adventure destinations.
- Free use of our Chamonix apartment – 100m from the lift and surrounded by the biggest mountain range in Europe! With a stash of gear including tents, bouldering mats, sleeping bags, harnesses, ropes to borrow for free any time you like.
- New friends to explore with.
About the adventure
We’re in business to help people have better, safer adventures in the mountains. Your role will contribute to this by designing an unrivalled user experience for our mobile and web applications.
FATMAP is the world’s only global 3D map built for outdoor adventure, trusted by the World’s top adventurers, athletes and mountain guides. We’re building the largest community of skiers, hikers, mountain bikers, trail runners and mountaineers around the world and enabling them to plan, experience and share their adventures.
As the lead product designer, you’ll be joining a small product & engineering team who move fast and work closely together on our mission: to make FATMAP the Home of the Outdoors – the place where every adventure begins. We want to democratise access to adventure and make the experience simple, accessible and shareable.
We’re looking for a designer who is as passionate about the outdoors as they are about their craft: someone who will be living and breathing the product with deep empathy for the needs of our users, yet able to rapidly design and help build a product to scale our product to support 10x growth over the next year
We’re a team of 35 people and life at FATMAP still feels very much like a startup. To be at home here you should be comfortable moving fast in ambiguity, relish the challenge of designing around constraints – whilst making them invisible to the user – and happy ripping it all up and starting again when you realise the solution didn’t quite work as expected. We have ambitious goals and we’re looking for someone who is up to the challenge.
We operate a flexible remote working policy but believe the best results come from working together in person – pandemic permitting. You will be based out of our Chamonix hub and have the choice to mix working from home with time at the office, but should be no more than 2hrs from Chamonix to maximise the opportunity to spend time together as a team.
In our office, you’ll find skis, muddy boots, full suspension bikes and ice axes instead of ping pong tables and fuzzball. They say there are no friends on a powder day but at FATMAP we hope you’ll do a few runs to test the latest app build before you hit the office.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.