Software Engineer - Backend
Paris, France 🇫🇷 Remote
Why join us?
One of BlaBlaCar’s core ambitions is to build the largest people-powered travel network in the world. To achieve that goal, we set ourselves high and ambitious targets, bringing our platform to the heart of the product experience and company strategy.
By joining the Identity and Access Management team, you will be part of a team which today consists of 8 software engineers and 1 engineering manager responsible for providing secure services for the BlaBlaCar platform to manage user identity, authentication, and accounts, powering trust by ensuring the privacy, and safety of our member’s personal data.
You will take part in building the heart of our new technical platform moving from a monolith to a service-oriented architecture that allows us to manage millions of travelers' accounts.
The core of our stack is composed of Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, Cassandra, MariaDB, Redis, Big Table, Docker, Kubernetes and GCP Cloud components while our monolith runs in PHP.
As a Software Engineer, your role is to lead the design and implementation of our solutions, making sure they are robust and scalable. You will also contribute to the development of the stack by developing features, helping us to build a cloud compatible architecture.
What you will directly contribute to
- Enabling members to connect safely to our platform building trust around identity & account management, enhancing data privacy and ensuring regulations pertaining to personal data are respected
- Participating in the definition of the features with the Product and Design teams to find the best solutions for our members
- Deep diving into our cloud-based infrastructure on GCP using most advanced features like fully automated, continuous rollouts etc..
- Participating in the definition of the architecture to find the best solutions to achieve high performance, reliability, and pursue the ongoing migration to a fully service-oriented architecture
- Operating services in production and ensuring they are performing as expected through monitoring and instrumentation
- Fostering a positive atmosphere around excellence and ambitious goals in your team
- Encouraging skills development of your fellow colleagues
- Producing documentation of tech decisions and code to allow smooth onboarding of newcomers on any given project
What you will need to be successful:
- 3+ years experience in tech companies
- Good knowledge of service-oriented architecture and architectural patterns
- Fluency in object oriented language development and eager to constantly learn new technologies
- Practical knowledge of Ops tools (monitoring, deployment, containers, linux…) and willingness to contribute in building a true DevOps environment
- Curiosity and open-mindedness
- Product-oriented mindset
- Hands-on, you like to take the initiative and bring a collaborative attitude
- Fluent in spoken and written English, proficiency in French is a plus
A few practical details about the role
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris Center HQ "open to remote from France"
- Contract: Full-time permanent contract
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces
- Free carpooling to live our value “Be The Member”
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
- Possibility to do a BlaBlaSwap once a year and go work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad
- Bi-Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos
- Work-from-home policy & Full remote possibility (in France)
What is next
If you’re ready to join our growing and passionate design team, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) and answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 2 weeks. If your application and profile fit our requirements, we will invite you for a phone interview, a case study and on-site interviews.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.