Senior iOS (Swift) Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data. ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users.
Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei. We're also considering future potential office locations such as London and Barcelona.
What you will do:
Contribute to the iOS development effort for existing and future products created by ProtonVPN and ProtonMail. Interact with our existing backend REST APIs and provide feedback based on mobile needs. Work with web, backend, and server teams on building new features. Work with QA/Support team in analyzing and debugging.
We are looking for strong potential individuals, who can thrive as tech leads as well as individual contributors.
- Experience in iOS or macOS development.
- Experience in software development with a strong command of OOP.
- Experience working with RESTful web APIs.
- Knowledge of Git or other source control.
- Experience with Swift is a must.
- Excellent communication and a strong sense of ownership.
Bonus points for:
- Networking experience on Apple platforms.
- Well-versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices for mobile development.
- Leadership experience, with experience of scaling to millions of users.
- Highly rated apps in App store with a large number of downloads.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study and/or scientific background.
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement.
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from the email address email@example.com or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.
🚀 Cliquez sur "Postuler" pour envoyer votre candidature à la super équipe de ProtonMail !
Par avance, nous vous remercions d'indiquer que vous venez de Je Remote™ lorsque vous postulez. 👍 Merci et bonne chance ! 🤞
Si cette offre a expiré ou si le lien ne fonctionne pas, cliquez ici !
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.
ProtonMail is free encrypted email