Junior GamePlay Programmer
Cergy / France 🇫🇷 Remote
- Analyze game designers' demands and iterate with them in order to implement various gameplay mechanisms, from prototype until polishing stages, to reach an appealing and fun result as well as staying reliable and performance efficient ;
- Get involved in the game architecture defined by the lead developer and the technical director ;
- Develop required tools and functions related to the implemented gameplay in order to expose tunable parameters and events to game designers ;
- Collaborate with other team members and other development, art or production teams, whatever local or remote ;
- Make propositions to improve existing functionalities, for the sake of the final quality of the game ;
- Deliver a clean, clearly commented and structured code, in respect of the suitable conditions of performance and reliability ;
- Integrate in game when necessary any delivered asset (characters, environments, props, animations, cut-scenes, UIs, sounds, special effects, etc.) ;
- Investigate and solve bugs identified in the source code (even written by other developers) ;
- Profile performance or memory troubles and solve them by bringing appropriate optimizations ;
- Make sure the provided work result fit the expected quality ;
- Report the work in progress and deliver the achieved result on time, along with any information needed to use it properly ;
- When necessary, write a technical document explaining the developed or studied system.
Must have qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year in game programming or beginner with relevant scolar or personal projects ;
- A confirmed experience in Unreal Engine 4 or Unity in gameplay programming or game system development ;
- Proficient in C++ and object-oriented programming ;
- Good understanding of the code impact on performance and memory utilization ;
- Autonomous and proactive attitude ;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, French and English both written and spoken ;
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code ;
- Passion for making and playing games.
Nice to have qualifications
- Credited in one released game ;
- Experienced in AI development ;
- Appealed by animation programming.
What we offer
- Open and collaborative employee culture ;
- Team buildings and company activities ;
- Healthcare plan ;
- Work from home possible ;
- Oversee work opportunities ;
- Located in a green campus near RER ;
- Meal allowance ;
- Videogames and board-games library ;
- Complimentary drinks ;
- And more...
🚀 Cliquez sur "Postuler" pour envoyer votre candidature à la super équipe de Virtuos !
Par avance, nous vous remercions d'indiquer que vous venez de Je Remote™ lorsque vous postulez. 👍 Merci et bonne chance ! 🤞😉
Si cette offre a expiré ou si le lien ne fonctionne pas, cliquez ici !
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.