Senior Frontend Engineer (Design System)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are Looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer who is passionate about creating intuitive and innovative solutions that both delight the user and deliver what they are looking to get out of a classic product or experience, who loves interfaces that are carefully designed and easily maintained, who believes no real website can be built without giving careful consideration to the code, who believes as well that the future of the web lies in components that are amazing, minimalist and autonomous.
We are looking for a developer who is able to work among backend developers, UX, instructional and interaction designers and web marketers, speaking their languages as well as his own.
At OpenClassrooms, Frontend Engineers enjoy making our users’ lives easier and know how to add that extra something that makes people want to thank them every day! Today, we are creating new squads. Being part of one of these cross-functional teams, you will work together with a Product Manager, Product Designers, Backend, other Frontend Developers and a QA Engineer. You will report to an Engineering Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Write frontend unit tests (Jest)
- Review and comment on your teammates’ pull requests
- Design a user interface with strong components
- Own the engineering part of our Design System dev side focusing on processes around development and maintenance
- Work hand in hand with Product Designers to improve our way to manage design and code alignment
- Define processes, tools and workflow in alignment with the Product Design Team and the Frontend Team
- Promote the usage of the Design System and support the Frontend Team in the implementation of the components
- Optimize page rendering
- Propose new ideas to improve and iterate on our product
- Assess the impact of your ideas
- Evaluate development workloads
You might be a fit for this position if :
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a Frontend Engineer
- You have strong experience working with Design Systems
- Figma, Storybook or ZeroHeight rings a bell
- You are familiar with technologies such as :
- Or more!
- You love optimizing, especially on high-traffic websites
- Continuous integration and deployment is, for you, the best way of working
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give and receive feedback
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You can communicate both orally and in writing in both French and English
After your application, you will:
- Get in touch with our Engineering Manager over a video chat
- Discuss your technical skills with the Tech Team
- Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech Team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and our company culture
- Meet with our CTO to understand Tech vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have
You will also be asked to provide us with professional references.
What do we offer?
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.