Backend Software Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Great Tech - Great clients - Great international culture.
Come and join us! Rejoignez-nous!!
Remote - Based in France with monthly meetings in London, UK (post COVID).
Communication will be entirely in English. Only fluent candidates will be considered.
Experience: min 3 years
Education: Ecole d'ingénieur ou équivalent
Hanzo operates primarily in the UK and the USA as a remote first organisation. We work from home and usually meet once a month in London. We are now opening recruitments in France!
Hanzo is solving the single biggest challenge in above-board compliance and litigation today -- contextual investigation, capture, and preservation of dynamic content, internal and external to the organisation.
Through one sophisticated platform, clients are empowered with the tools they need to capture and preserve team messaging data, social media engagement, and interactive web content then replicate it in legally-defensible native format for analysis and review.
Our client list includes some of the world’s biggest and best companies such as Twitter, Uber, Comcast, Facebook, Paypal, BBC, top law firms and financial institutions.
We are expanding the existing team and looking to add a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for architecting, implementing our in-house distributed systems.
If you have strong Python experience, or strong experience in Java/C# and more recent experience with Python and have worked with distributed systems we would be interested in talking to you. Ideally you would also have experience GCP or AWS, have worked with large unstructured datasets. You also would have experience with agile and continuous deployment, have developed enterprise software and have worked with industry standard configuration deployment and workflow tools.
This software engineer role involves architecting, implementing, deploying and debugging our in house distributed systems using the best of breed technology on Google Cloud (and more).
Write clean, documented, debuggable code across Hanzo’s backend systems to add new functionality and systems and improve the existing architecture.
Test your own code’s functionality.
Perform code review and testing of software produced by other team members so that your team delivers reliable and secure software.
Follow Hanzo’s development process in order to effectively communicate your progress.
Participate to the design of new systems and functionality across Hanzo’s backend (and frontend for full stack position) systems to meet the needs of user stories produced from other business areas.
Perform research and evaluation of analysis methods and system design so as to optimally produce new data products and software systems.
Key Performance Indicators
- Meeting your quarterly objectives and key results.
Challenge & Creativity/Decision Making:
- Understanding user stories and deciding how to fulfil them.
- Understanding the technical problem domain of a new system to pick existing design pattern if one applies.
- Understanding the field of text analysis and deciding on appropriate analysis methods for given data and user stories.
- When debugging distributed systems determining the optimal fix.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong python experience or strong Java/C# and more recent Python
- Experience working with distributed systems, dealing with large volumes of data and hard problems: concurrency, scaling...
- Experience of cloud, either AWS or GCP
- Experience developing enterprise software
- Experience with agile and continuous deployment.
- Experience with industry standard configuration, deployment, workflow tools.
- Elastic search highly valued
- Cassandra, Kafka...
- Containers, OpenShift, Kubernetes and serverless (GKE, ECS, FaaS...)
- Frontend experience with React.js or similar framework
Additional Responsibilities and Core Competencies
- Autonomous – Hanzo is a remote first company – making this work requires a certain amount of self-drive from employees. You accept responsibility for commitments made to the team, and deliver results, with little or no supervision.
- Collaborative – Able to work with others in an inclusive and respectful manner to achieve organisational, product and team goals.
- Communication – As a remote first team, We live in Slack, Google Meet and a variety of other tools. Be available and able to clearly articulate issues, needs, requests, requirements and decisions with the team, regardless of location.
- Work context aware – Don’t over engineer it, don’t brush off deep architectural issues.
- Responsive – the ability to work at a quick pace and handle reasonable interruptions.
- Seek & offer help – autonomy is not about wasting time when you could ask for help.
We are looking for people who have curious minds, who genuinely want to make the best possible solution and therefore who are able to communicate and defend their ideas well and to equally recognize when other people’s solutions may be more effective. A
At the same time you must have the ability to work at a quick pace and handle reasonable interruptions as well as having the ability to come up with solutions that are appropriate and not over engineered.
In return we will provide you with an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful contribution in a small team. We are a fast growing technology company and as the company grows there will be opportunity for career development as well.
We want a sustainable pace of development and therefore keep a good work/life balance. We are a remote first company based in the UK and as such we’re seeking people with a strong sense of autonomy. We use collaborative tools like slack to keep an active office environment. We would like to focus on candidates based in Europe. The ability to travel to monthly co-location sessions in the UK will be important.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.
Technology that ediscovery and compliance teams rely on to manage tomorrow’s biggest data challenges today.