French Passage Creator/ Editor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mango Languages is looking for a creative and enthusiastic Passage Creator/Editor who can write engaging and educational language content.
In this part-time, remote contractor position, you will collaborate with a team of linguists, writers, translators, and editors to create texts that pair with our course content.
As a Passage Creator/Editor, you will be expected to translate English templates into French by using Mango course content and adhering to provided guidelines on content, linguistic difficulty, and statistics such as text length and word count. You will use your detailed knowledge of French grammar to modify the translation to avoid vocabulary and structures which exceed the knowledge of the learners. You may also be responsible for editing and reviewing other writers’ translations, checking for linguistic accuracy, and ensuring the guidelines are met.
The ideal candidate will have detailed knowledge of French grammar and will be creative about adapting the translated passage to add cultural influences, knowledge, and authenticity to the passage. We’re also looking for someone who pays attention to details and is able to work within strict parameters.
- Create or edit French text based on English templates
- Adapt translated text according to the grammatical constraints provided by your team lead
- Ensure that your translated passage adheres to the statistics guidelines provided by your team lead
- Infuse the passages with engaging and creative cultural information and authenticity
- Participate in an initial online training for our development platform
- Commit 3 to 5 hours per week to work on this project
- If applicable, perform quality assurance and miscellaneous tasks on final passages
- Native French speaker with in-depth knowledge of its grammar and culture
- Advanced proficiency in English
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in French language education or language/literature or a related field.
- Substantial experience teaching French
- Passion for the learning and teaching of language and culture
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies
- Reliable internet connection
- Experience with Google Suite (Sheets and Docs) preferred
- Attention to linguistic detail
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Strong communication skills and responsiveness on email
- Readiness to think critically and ask questions
- Must work well in a team
- Ability to give and receive feedback
How to Apply
- Submit your resume outlining your experience and qualifications as they relate to the job description. In the cover letter, let us know why this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.
Language is an Adventure. Explore 70+ languages on web, iOS or Android. Download the app and start your journey.