Business Development Manager - France
France 🇫🇷 (Lyon/Grenoble) Remote
Location: France (remote), preferably south of Lyon/Grenoble
Languages: English and French
Start date: ASAP
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
We are a multidisciplinary company executing a novel business model in a highly technical, highly regulated, and overly complex industry against a backdrop of rapid and disruptive technological advancement. Patients are at the center of everything we do, while we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
At Invitae, we’re building an organization that can continuously innovate at scale. Equally importantly, we’re building a company where we love to work. As a team, we pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we can learn and grow from one another. We rely on each other to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual.
As you join team Invitae, you are expected to help us grow and modify our culture over time, and most importantly, to challenge us when we are not living up to it. It’s important to keep in mind that we craft and maintain our culture to serve our mission, and we will adjust our culture from time to time to optimize the pursuit of that mission.
About The Role
To pursue our shared mission and help Invitae grow, we are looking for a Business Development Managers (BDM).
The BDM will lead the development and territory growth for Invitae’s testing menu spanning diagnostics, oncology-focused research products on the Archer® platform and future companion diagnostic assays. This includes developing and executing a territory business plan within a defined geographic region. The BDM will manage business results, sales activities, and cross-functional initiatives in their respective territory. He/She will make the day-to-day decisions required to manage a productive territory, retain existing customer base of business while growing sales through new account acquisition. This includes: securing and analyzing relevant information, maintaining knowledge of territory and market intelligence, understanding and analyzing environmental factors and political landscape, identifying key issues and committing to action after developing alternative solutions that take strategic objectives, resource constraints and organizational values into consideration. The successful BDM will also be responsible for a positive ROI within their specified territory.
What You Will Do
- Achievement of territory sales objectives
- Development and execution of a territory business plan that aligns with the regional and Global strategy
- Direct execution of sales strategies and tactics, and implementation of sales and marketing plans.
- Customer and prospect site visits within the regional territory while maintaining profitable sales to expense ratio.
- Manage individual territory activities, ensuring return on investment spends.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships with target audiences; assist in developing business solutions that are mutually beneficial; apply broader business scenarios and customer-focused models to achieve breakthrough results.
- Maintain high-level of product and market knowledge.
- Assist in programs designed to promote or facilitate product sales and the INVITAE culture/image, including participation in relevant local conferences and events.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that support all customer-facing roles within the assigned geographic region.
- Identify client-bill contracting opportunities with academic medical centers, large cancer centers, health systems, and other strategically important key accounts.
- Comply with HIPAA, GDPR and any other regulations involved with processing and handling of personal data
- Full compliance with INVITAE’s CRM solution for the defined geographic region.
Who You Are
- Leadership – high energy, charismatic leader who is first a talented, strategically oriented, highly ethical business executive with strong executive presence and presentation skills. Ability to quickly gain credibility and respect with both the internal and external constituents. Lead and participate by example to ensure a good and compliant working environment, while at the same time maintaining accountability for delivering upon commitments.
- Driving Results –An accomplished track record in growing complex organizations. Successful history of maintaining key relationships. Demonstrated ability to drive strategic sales/marketing solutions, execute sales strategy focusing on net sales growth while leveraging existing customer relationships into increasing market share and developing & executing plans to deliver new channels of distribution.
- Building and Managing Relationships – Experience interacting with key strategic accounts, thought leaders and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other influential healthcare executives in the commercial and research/development continuum that defines the operating complexity of the biotechnology / Personalized Medicine / Molecular Diagnostic industry.
What You Will Need
- 4+ years of sales experience in a relevant industry/commercial environment (diagnostics, genetic testing, research products)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Masters in applicable Life Sciences highly valued but not required
- Fluent in English and French
- Deep domain knowledge of the Diagnostic Services industry. Molecular Diagnostic experience is strongly preferred
- Advanced presentation skills and business acumen are a necessity
- Experience within complex selling environments required
- Ability to travel required (up to 60% of the time)
- Valid driver’s license
- Outcome-oriented with clear measures and metrics
- Interpersonal flexibility to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels of the decision-making process
- Experience selling diagnostic (somatic or germline) or reproductive health genetic based tests and services to geneticists, genetic counselors and clinicians
- Ability to leverage cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and objectives
- Problem solving, decision-making and technical learning
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Strong administrative skills. Sophistication to manage business in complex environments
- Knowledge and application of strategic planning, and development sales strategy and tactical implementation within your specified territory.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with various industry trends and market segments and industry trends. Clear knowledge of regional market trends.
- Demonstrates INVITAE's values by acting with integrity, respect and trust.
Interested in this position? Please apply online by sending us your CV in English
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.