Sales Development Representative - Southern Europe
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Join our team either remotely or in our office in Amsterdam. This role can be based in any location within the EMEA region.
MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 15,000 customers — from small and mid-sized businesses to some of the world’s biggest brands — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from our technology at some point. Our products range from turn-key applications like Inbox, Flow Builder and Campaign Builder, to leading solutions and APIs for enterprises; all are available through our Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to #jointhenest.
How We Work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Sales Development Representative - Southern Europe
As Sales Development Representative, you’ll quickly and efficiently generate interest in our prospect based through outbound activities of prospecting and follow up. You will be responsible for building sales volume by uncovering, developing, and qualifying sales opportunities with prospective customers in target markets then will work with the sales team to progress the opportunity through the pipeline to close. You will be the driver of building new business relationships, connecting with potential clients who have expressed interest in MessageBird and targeting those you identify as having an opportunity to work with.
Sales Development Representatives are responsible for identifying and contacting the right decision makers through cold calling, emailing and leveraging social media tools for prospecting. This is a great opportunity to join a team of superstars where your passion and desire to succeed will be rewarded with significant career transformation. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of overachieving in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in the world. We push each other to be our absolute best and Sales Development at MessageBird is the start of an incredible career journey in Sales and beyond. This team is the foundation to our next superstar sales reps and leaders.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, create and build new and qualified sales opportunities from outbound activities to meet & exceed your lead generation (SAL) quotas by qualifying high-value opportunities for the New Business sales team.
- Build collaborative relationships with your assigned Business Development Managers where you collaborate and strive to win for our business
- Develop strong product knowledge and be ready to learn from your colleagues
- Make both cold and warm prospect calls, using targeted questions and your rapport building skills to understand the client's business strategy and how we at MessageBird can contribute to their success.
- Engage “and follow up” with your prospects to build trusted relationships by providing insights tailored to their specific needs and interests
What You’ll Bring
- Full (professional proficiency), both verbally and written in English and French. Bonus points if you speak Spanish as well!
- A proven passion for communications technology and software sales coupled with the determination, grit and hustle it takes to succeed in a sales development role.
- The confidence and communication skills required to initiate phone conversations with C-Level, VPs, Directors, Founders, Heads of & Managers, navigate questions, and overcome objections.
- The curiosity required to learn, understand and articulate MessageBird technologies and our value proposition
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities, you’ll naturally thrive in a busy, challenging role where you can take ownership of your success and contribute to a driven team
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- The drive and self awareness required to continuously learn and improve your sales skills
- It would be a bonus if you have prior sales development experience or have previously worked in the CPaaS/ OPaaS industry
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.
Zero friction, omnichannel communication