OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering a passionate community of 2 million students a month from around the world. Welcome to the education revolution! #BecomeFutureProof
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join OpenClassrooms reporting directly to the Tech Director - to manage, build and partially run our infrastructure and CI-CD stack.
This is a new role at OpenClassrooms and the successful candidate will be confident in coming in and establishing it to add value as quickly as possible.
From security to continuous integration, from observability to SRE, you will be in charge of defining our future infrastructure stack by engaging with our developers and end-users, under the guidance of the Tech Director and the help of our outsourcer. This role can be fully remote or office-based. In acknowledgement of the fact that most of our business activity is currently in France - it would make sense for the successful candidate to be based in France or in the UK and to be a fluent English and French speaker.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to our infrastructure, middleware security, observability and dev tooling strategy
- Spread the DevOps culture and the feeling of the added value of infrastructure
- Implement the right set of tools based on our needs
- Gather requirements and needs through exchanges with the developers
- Participate in squads to ensure efficiency and remove technological roadblocks
- Troubleshoot and investigate infrastructure and security incidents with the help of our outsourcer
- Configure our tools and services to get the most of them in terms of performance, security and functions
- Contribute to the global architecture of the infrastructure
- Strong infrastructure and operations background
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud providers in general
- Ability to conduct performance analysis
- Professional knowledge of DevOps toolchain
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Data Privacy, Business Continuity, Information and Cyber Risk and Technology Resilience
- Curious, investigative and analytical
- Exceptional interpersonal and communicative skills, both written and verbal.
- Positive attitude, "can-do" approach, team-player and decisive activity leader
- Excellent organisation skills - the ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
- Fluent English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (C1 in both languages)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant professional experience with proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams, driving results
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience managing a high traffic website
- Experience creating a new function from scratch
Reports to Tech Director
- Get in touch with our Tech Director over a video chat
- Discuss your technical skills with the Tech Team
- Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech Team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and our company culture
- Meet with our CTO to understand the vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and ask all the remaining questions you may have.
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 3 professional references contact detail.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits are dependent on location, but may include:
- Remote working encouraged for employees based in FR or UK
- For Paris-based office employees - Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.