About the job
Stuart (DPD Group) is a sustainable 🌱 last-mile delivery company that connects retailers and e-merchants to a fleet of geolocalised couriers across several countries in Europe.
Our Mission 🚀
We are an impact-driven company that aims to build the future of logistics for a more sustainable world: shared, efficient, and reliable. We are committed to creating a new standard for urban deliveries that meet today’s environmental and social challenges while offering a premium delivery experience blending speed, flexibility, and convenience.
Our motto: “Make every delivery a moment all of us can truly celebrate!” More than 8000+ leading brands already partner with us across Restaurants, Grocery, Retail & Luxury, eCommerce, and Professional Services to deliver all types of goods at the tap of a button. Stuart is a highly diverse and inclusive company of 500+ talents from 90+ countries working in Paris 🇫🇷, London 🇬🇧, Barcelona, Madrid 🇪🇸, Poland 🇵🇱 , and remotely around the world 🌍
It’s the right moment and the right place for us to make an impact on millions of people, as home delivery services hit a record high. And guess what? You can help us fulfill our vision 🙌
💎 The Position
We are looking for a Ruby Engineer to help build a complex but stable real-time logistics system in Ruby. You will join a highly distributed international team of 45 Platform Engineers and will report to Emili. We have a very helpful and collaborative team culture where engineers support each others' efforts via regular pairing, internal demos, taking online classes together, mentoring & running internal conferences several times a year.
Learn more about our team via our engineering blog: https://medium.com/stuart-engineering 🤓
What will I be doing? 🤔
- Engineers at Stuart operate as part of cross-functional teams and so help define, improve, build, and deliver features collaboratively alongside other colleagues from other disciplines (such as Data, Mobile, Frontend, QA, DevOps etc).
- Design, develop, test and implement new features on the company's platform services i.e. The REST and GraphQL API and all the services which support them.
- We believe in being responsible for the code we write in production so our engineers invest time in producing good metrics, logging & observability to ensure features achieve their goals and work optimally. We operate a flexible on-call policy within each service team with extensive training and no expectation to participate until each team member is fully integrated.
- There is also the opportunity to take part in additional departmental efforts such as hiring, running community talks, defining team processes and other such ways to contribute to culture and growth on the team.
What do we need from you? 😎
- Industry experience working on backend systems.
- Experience with Ruby/Rails in production.
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Fluent in English (we do offer English classes to help non-native speakers improve their skills).
Want to put a smile on our faces?
- Experience with Elixir
The stuff you wanna know 😉
- Salary: €45k-75k per year (depending on prior experience)
- Family-friendly work-life balance - work from home and flexible hours 🏡
- Option to work remotely anywhere in France 🇫🇷
- Ticket Restaurant by Swile (€13 daily with 60% paid by the company) 🥗
- Unlimited access to Udemy for all your learning and development needs 📚
- Personal Engineering Learning Budget of €1,000 per year 🧑💻
- Stuart Academy with regular workshops, Stu-Classes, and Stu-Talks 🎓
- Stuart is putting Mental Health Awareness first! Wellness Allowance (€40 monthly) to use in any gym or sport class 🧘
- Private healthcare provided by Alan 🧑⚕️
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a company culture focused on learning and development 🎉
You’ve read all this way but you’re missing a skill or two? No problem, it’s our job to up-skill you to take your career to the next level. What we’re trying to say is, don’t be afraid to apply if you don’t tick all the boxes 💪
At Stuart, we believe that employees today want to evolve in collaborative, high-growth environments where they can demonstrate their abilities and thrive both professionally and personally. We are convinced that employees need to find alignment between their inner values and their company’s culture and mission to unlock their full potential. We work to create a culture of empowerment, continuous learning, and growth where everyone can bring expertise, own projects, and easily measure their impact 🙌
Stuart is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to promoting diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status 💙
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://stuart.com/about-us/
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.