Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We created Amenitiz because we believe technology is the key to making success and profitability accessible to every hotelier in the world - whether they are in the heart of Paris or the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia.
Our mission is to build an all-in-one platform to help owners manage and grow their properties by making attracting guests, handling bookings and crafting exceptional experiences, simple and easy.
Growing over 4x in 2020 and backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, Amenitiz is one of the fastest-growing company in the Hospitech world. 1’800 properties all over the globe are using Amenitiz daily to develop their business, and we’re looking forward to helping 10’000 by the end of 2022.
Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people and building something impacting? If so, let’s talk!
We’re not looking for experts. We’re looking for smart people who can bring in the knowledge and the best processes to get things done.
At Amenitiz, we are customer-centric, you will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect, and implement our product. Our mission at Amenitiz is to support the digital transformation of Hospitality through a reliable SaaS solution offering a unique experience to its users.
The whole Amenitiz team is based in Barcelona (our offices are in the heart of the city, near Plaza Cataluña); the Tech team counts 8 people, with a goal to grow to 14 people within the next 6 months.
As Senior Backend Developer, this position involves:
- Product development in Ruby/Rails of a hospitality-related web-based product.
- Integrations between our platform to 3rd party APIs.
- Work in an Agile environment with strong attention to scalability (We are serving hundreds of thousands unique visitors per month through our CMS).
- Discuss, question, challenge, and offer technical solutions to product needs alongside the Product and Design Teams.
- Being able to mentor, coach, and train other colleagues as a domain expert.
- Identify bottlenecks, bugs and propose solutions.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years+ experience in web development.
- 3 years+ experience in Ruby.
- Pragmatism and obsession for simplicity, efficiency, and performance.
- Proven knowledge of OOP, databases, development, and test methodologies.
- Obsession for quality and testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactive, driven, entrepreneurial with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Bonus points for:
- Worked in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Experience in the hospitality industry.
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres and Redis
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary and access to our employee stock option plan (depending on your profile).
- An amazing working environment, where you will be able to make a true contribution and get your voice heard.
- The opportunity to have a huge impact on developing a fast-growing business that is at a pivotal point in its growth to expand internationally.
- The team is growing fast and we offer plenty of career and development opportunities.
- Flexibility to work from home.
- Applicant validation, how well will you match with the job and your team is important to us at this stage, we don’t want to waste your time!
- Online interview with the person who will be your manager.
- Follow-up interview with at least one of the three founders.
Votre candidature a bien été envoyée.