Senior Cloud Operations Specialist
ThycoticRemote 🌍Europe2M ago
✅ Quick Screen by Je Remote™
👨💻Work Remotely anywhere in Europe
💼 Full Time / Permanent Contract
💯 Top Company
🏅+ 8 years
💰 Competitive package
🚀 Growth Opportunities
Our growing technology company seeks an enthusiastic and passionate individual with well-established Azure, AWS, GCP, and SaaS application experience to join our elite team of dedicated individuals.
In this position, you will be responsible for uptime, maintaining and assisting with the implementation, security, and automation of critical cloud-based infrastructure and software systems. With a variety of production systems, your skillset is broad - implementing cloud and hybrid solutions for various application architectures, with a focus on Azure and Microsoft technologies.
This position is based in the United Kingdom or in remote EU and will report to the Director, Cloud Operations.
- As the primary point of contact for several critical production cloud-based systems, monitor, configure, troubleshoot, and resolve system issues as necessary
- Ensure critical SLAs are met which will include an on-call schedule for emergencies
- Create detailed Root Cause Analysis documents for any downtimes or performance degradations
- Assist with DR/failover documentation and testing
- Assist with the development of solutions for collecting, analyzing, and acting on telemetry and log data from applications
- Design, refine, and implement security best practices utilizing a wide range of approaches such as layer 3/4/7 firewall policies, SSL/TLS encryption, SIEM systems, data protection (DLP, encryption), and Privileged Access Management
- Leverage previous experiences and industry best practices to monitor and improve infrastructure of SaaS offerings
- Perform security assessments and compile evidence for external security audits of cloud environments for industry standard frameworks such as ISO, NIST, SOC2
- Assist with system architecture of existing and new cloud-based systems
- Member of the system deployment team which releases updates into production
- Develop and organize documentation and architecture diagrams for new and/or existing systems
- Provide system training and technical guidance for utilizing cloud computing resources
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
Skills and Requirements
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience with integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, securing, and supporting software systems in a heterogeneous operating system environment
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience with cloud-based administration (Azure, AWS, Google, etc) with a deep understanding of cloud concepts, cloud security, and web technologies
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration
- Excellent knowledge of different redundancy and backup and disaster recovery approaches in the cloud
- Experience writing PowerShell/Python scripts and markup language files such as XML, JSON, and/or YAML
- Understanding of relational and non-relational database system design and SQL query language
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Datadog, Azure Application Insights, AWS CloudWatch, Azure Log Analytics, NewRelic, Nagios, Solarwinds, Dynatrace, Retrace, Site24x7, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Telnet/SSH, port scanners, network protocol analyzers, and other network monitoring tools
- PKI systems and SSL/TLS Certificates management expert
- Experience with Azure ARM, AWS CloudFormation, and/or Terraform template creation and execution
- IAM Expert including: Azure AD and other enterprise account and RBAC management, Implementation and management of MFA, SSO, SAML, RADIUS, OAuth, and OpenID connections, Privileged Account Management such as account creation and discovery, password/key rotation, access request/approval workflows, and MDM and Conditional Access systems
- Deep understanding of firewalls, VLANs, NAT, NACLs, Load Balancing, VPN tunnels, DNS, DHCP, and packet filtering
- Microsoft product expert including Windows Server, SQL Server
- Excellent knowledge of static content offloading, caching, and CDNs
- Extensive experience using browser dev tools, process monitor/explorer, and other 3rd party tools for troubleshooting complex issues
- Version control (e.g. Git, etc) and automated deployment tools (e.g Jenkins, DevOps/VSTS, CodeDeploy, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.)
- Education: Associate (2-year) degree, Bachelor (4-year) degree preferred in the field of CS or IT
- Desired certifications: Technical certification in Microsoft administration, Azure/AWS Cloud, Security+, CISSP, Network+, CCNA, development languages, databases, and/or DevOps tools
Why Work at Thycotic?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was named a “Best Places to Work” Award Winner in 2019 and 2020 in recognition of our positive work environment and culture, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
🚀 Click on "Apply" to send your application to the amazing Thycotic team!
Please mention that you come from Je Remote™ when applying for this job. 👍
Thank You and good luck 🤞😉
If this job offer is expired or the link is broken, please just click here to report!